Updated on 5th Jan 2022
The good news is that as more and more people are getting their vaccines, travel bans are gradually being lifting allowing a steady recovery of the global tourism industry. Many of us are thinking of travelling again, and that’s exactly what the rest of the world is thinking. With the increase in tour enquiries and vacation bookings, we’re increasingly seeing people optimistic about travelling! Entry requirements may vary country to country as well as the purpose of visit.
Here’s a list of passengers that are allowed entry to Malaysia!
The Malaysian International border remain closed with the following exceptions to:
- Malaysian nationals
- Foreigners holding valid Malaysian long-term visit passes can enter the country without immigration clearance via MyTravelPass/MyEntry. These categories of passengers include:
- Permanent Resident (PR)/ Spouse to PR/ Child to PR.
- Long-Term Pass (Spouse/Child) to Citizen.
- Returning International Students
- Resident Pass & Malaysia My Second Home Pass
- Widow Pass and Senior Citizen Pass
- Diplomats (Exemption Order)
- Resident Pass-Talent (RP-T)/ Dependent/Foreign Maid
- Employment Pass (Category I, II, III), Professional Visit Pass and Temporary Work Visit Pass
Other foreigners that are not listed in the above-mentioned categories are required to apply via MyTravelPass/MyEntry before entering Malaysia. Passengers are advised to refer to the Official Portal of Immigration Department of Malaysia for detailed information.
What to expect when travelling here?
Once you’ve fulfilled a criterion as an approved passenger to enter Malaysia, it’s important for visitors to be reminded of the following:
- All passengers are expected to undergo COVID-19 screening test upon arrival.
- All overseas passengers must provide a negative RT-PCR test result taken two (2) days prior to arrival, failing to do so may result in a denied entry.
- 7-day quarantine for fully vaccinated passengers and a 10-day quarantine for unvaccinated or partially vaccinated passengers either at designated quarantine or home quarantine
- Travellers aged 18 and below must be accompanied by fully vaccinated parents/guardians.
- Travellers transiting in Malaysia are allowed without obtaining clearance through MyTravelPass/MyEntry and abide to respective country’s entry restriction
- Additional travel requirements and procedures may apply depending from the country of origin, click here for more info.
- General FAQ for passengers arriving from abroad can be found here.
These are just some of the important things to take note when planning your travels to Malaysia.
Source: Travel Regulations by Malaysia Airlines
Our Travel Procedures
Here are our travel procedures to keep in mind when booking your tours with us:
- Pre-booking is best! Avoid disappointment by booking in advance to secure your stay on your travelling days.
- Ensure your travel documents such as vaccination records are complete. A COVID-19 screening self-test may be requested prior to start of your tour with us.
- Kids below 12-year-old are welcomed with fully vaccinated parents/guardians
- Standard SOP applies
Kiulu Farmstay is open for booking for all fully vaccinated travellers.
Sukau Rainforest Lodge will remain closed until further notice.
For any enquiries you may have, feel free to contact our Tour Specialist. You may submit them here.