Latest Travel Update : 14 January 2021
MCO 2.0 In Sabah. January 13 – January 26, 2021
The Malaysian Government has imposed Movement Control Order 2.0 in Sabah and few other states in Malaysia following number of cases reaching 4 digits reported for weeks. Here are some basic restrictions under this MCO.
- Inter-state Travel is banned nationwide.
- Inter-district travel is banned and movement is limited to within a 10 km radius
- Only essential services are allowed to operate.
- No dine-in at restaurants.
- No tourism activities, social gatherings or events, entertainment spots and night markets.
- Basic amenity providers can operate from 6 - 8pm
- For more detailed MCO restrictions, visit this page
At present, Malaysian borders remain closed.
Travellers that are categorised as permitted to travel into Malaysia are required to undergo medical screening upon entry and will be put under quarantine at designated quarantine centres by the government. Cost of quarantine will be borne by the traveller.
To read more on travel requirement under new norms, visit this page